Friday, March 7, 2008

Screw weather

Let me point out to all of you just how glad I am that I didn't declare it spring yesterday like I almost did.  Why?  Because first of all I would have to wear shorts every day until I declared it winter again  (I don't believe in fall) and second of all because I would have looked like a fool because we are currently under a level two snow emergency here in Holmes Country.  

For those of you who have never been under a level two snow emergency it means that police are actually pulling over whatever cars they see and telling them to get off the road because only emergency vehicles are supposed to drive.

My mother is a nurse and is near the end of a twelve hour shift.  However she may need to stay and work another twelve hour shift because she can't leave the hospital and the night nurses can't get to the hospital.  

Also, some of my favorite people were coming to visit me.  Liz, Hugh, and the Krist(i/e)ns  were going to be halfway to my house by now.  But instead I am twiddling my thumbs and singing "afternoon delight" to myself as the world passes me by.

But that's ok.  Because as always I Live Comfort Eagle.  Also, I got to talk to Janessa Cole over the phone, and she made my life have meaning again because she reminded me about our cheese-less loveless relationship.  So everything is better again.  But I hope that Jess Johnson doesn't read this because Janessa also reminded me that Jess and I are madly in love (how could I forget?) and I don't want her to get jealous.

Also, if Kristin had come she wouldn't have been able to get al her hours in practicing the piano.  So that would have been a disaster as well.  

I apologize that the Comfort Eagle website is still a little bare, but we are busy working on it.  I'm regularly submitting text to my editor, he still has to decide what to do with it.

enjoy the weather. 

No comments: