Monday, March 10, 2008

Come from the land of the ice and snow

Hello again. Let me tell you something, weather is a harsh mistres. My mother was snowed in work in Wooster for almost three days and all I have to say about that is DANG.

For those of you who don't know, I, the Chevalier Sir Steven M Danger C Conn Esq have taken it upon myself to be the "champion of spring" and for the last eight years I have been the one who fearlessly declares when spring has officially started. Upon declaring the beginning of Spring we are obligated to wear nothing but shorts (or short pants as I like to call them) until I offically declare it winter. I'm not really a fan of fall so we skip it.

Now you might be wondering to yourself "self, how is Steve the champion of Spring? Do we get to just claim these things? Is this like the time that Justin Timberlake took it upon himself to bring sexy back?" Well if you are asking these questions good for you! An inquisitive mind is to be encouraged, but in this instance it will not be rewarded.

I tell you all this to inform you of one thing. That I almost declared it spring four days ago and I am glad that I did not. I have been "shame-faced" like this in the past. Sophemore year the first day of spring was March first. It snowed. And I looked like an idiot. And my legs were cold. But I have made that mistake too many times to make it again. No this time it's still winter.

Allthough we changed time? Daylight savings is rediculous, it just recently got light enough that I wasn't depressed to wake up in the morning. Guess that's over.

No comments: