Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day two

Ok so I just got offered a three month extension on my internship. Which is surprising to me because I was previously told on no uncertain terms that I had better find "summer work" becase they weren't going to need me.

But I've learned that through a combination of hard work and making your boss laugh really hard you can make people think that you are indispensable. I need to emphasize the laughing part becuase until I became funny at work I would have more accurately described my role at NPCC as "dispensable." I think it was my superman lunchbox that finally endeared me to the staff. That and sometimes they need me to make an even number for basketball.

Yes you read that right, I Steven M Danger C Conn play basketball at church. And I don't mean in a video game. I mean physically. I PLAY. Now, I suppose that might be a liberal usage of the word PLAY, like in the same sense that I sometimes "dance" or that rap is "music" but more or less I'm a moving body on the court that does slightly less harm than good. Which makes me more desirable than Larry Hughs.

Oh yes and if anyone from Newpointe ever reads this blog don't worry, I really DO work. I'm actually kinda useful, my wicked sick balling skillz are just icing on the cake for my employers.

No comments: