Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Big Jim's

I have so many thoughts to share with all of you right now, it's going to be difficult to calm down and decide what to include. What a Whirlwind week we’ve witnessed! (How about that alliteration egh?)

The first thing that I would like to address is that we officially have one reader! This is exciting news for us here at the Danger Zone because it has always been a personal goal to write things that people want to read. Unfortunately that just lead me to writing for the school newspaper (shudders). Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy having my picture at the top of a column of text, but dang made me write news. Who reads news? News is like someone said “shoot, we ran out of history” but they were still committed to keeping me bored. But I digress

We have ONE READER! She even admitted it to me too. Now granted she is in a foreign country where they are a little light on entertainment in her language (English) so she was a bit desperate I’m assuming. But who knows, we were at zero readers last week and now our numbers have EXPLODED from nothing to ONE. That’s an infinity percent increase. If this rate continues we will have an infinite amount of readers by this time next week. (If you question my calculations let me remind you that I have taken Math 120 at Taylor University; or as we affectionately refer to it “Math one-o-dumb” We talked about levels of infinity, and even though I don’t remember what was said I was certainly present for some “intelligent” discussion.)

Unrelated to that I just went to the happiest (non T.U.) place on earth. Big Jim’s Diner. Simple menu, simple restaurant, no style, unhealthy, delicious. I ordered the “Big Jim” burger, the biggest “small” fry ever, and a Cherry Coke. It cost under 6$. And I’m not talking about a fast food burger. This food was easily BW3 quality for a fraction of the cost. This is the type of restaurant I would own if I were the luckiest man alive. But I will be content just to eat there. So if you are a man it is your duty to go to Big Jim’s in New Philly and eat until it hurts. If you are not a man, think of a man you know that deserves to be treated like a king…then take him to Big Jim’s instead.

No comments: