Sunday, July 20, 2008

Peep this trash

So I went to a concert at church this weekend featuring this up and coming "artist" named Josh Wilson. People who take themselves too seriously call themselves artists. People who one day wish to be called "artists" call other people "artists" hoping to make the phrase seem more legitimate. Well fine, then I'm a joke artist.

But that's not the point. Josh Wilson does NOT take himself too seriously. I spent some time with him today before the concert and I think I've never met anyone with a better ratio of talent/humility. Which is not to say that I don't know some pretty cool and humble people, but this guy was crazy talented.

Anyway, the concert was awesome, not only is this guy a good musician he is funny, and a sweet dude. He also loves God. Some people are performers, and some people were just made to be on a stage because that's where they come alive. He is one of those guys.

So check this video of him playing Amazing Grace. He's 24, recently graduated college, and is trying to make it as a full time musician. He's never played with Audio Adrenaline but he's starting to make a name for himself. He recently got picked up by a Christian label and his music is available on itunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UND-DtHBZQ


Everything about this post makes me miss Ben Taylor.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great stuff.

Unknown said...

O.K. for the real Ben Taylor take a look here:
http://www.squidoo.com/bentaylor

Cheers,

BT said...

I miss you too, Steve. Who is this "James" character and who does he think he is?

BT said...

Oh, and that dude is amazing. I wish I could loop like that...

Dr. Jones said...

You would call your blog "The Danger Zone."

Steve Conn said...

I have no idea who this "james" character is but he seems to be British.