Saturday, August 2, 2008

Newpointe is olde news!

Well this post is a bit late but things have been so fast paced lately I haven't had a chance to write as much as I would have liked. NOT that that is an apology. I hate it when people apologize for not blogging or updating their website as if to say "I know that this is terribly inconvienent for you! It must be so hard for you to have to go a week without hearing my opinion"

I figure you guys would live without me. Besides, I apologize for nothing.

So I left Newpoint the other day, and it was harder than I thought. I spent a large amount of time at that place trying to deal with my own personal problems and not really feeling like myself. And because of that I was obviously not too good at making friends at the begining. Also, I was kinda annoyed by my job.

But I eventually got over myself, and by the time I was going my own way I realized that I kinda liked it there. I learned a lot about "defining your own value" in an organization. You may have a job description, but if you've been around for a while you can begin to "lead up" and write your own job description by showing your boss just how valuable you are incertain fields and how bad it would be if (s)he lost you.

I think I was just beginning to get the hang of that when I packed up and left. Oh well. People at NewPointe are obsessed with "leaving a legacy." What did I leave behind?

A Blue Bunny
A Superman Lunchbox
Service starts now
The Junior Operations Committee

I hope that's enough. Unrelated: a generous staff member gave me an iTunes card as a parting gift. I used it to download the song "Grace Kelly" It's as if someone discovered a new bonus track on "Queen's Greatest Hits." Which is just great with me.

1 comment:

BT said...

Couldn't have said it better myself (about Grace Kelly).

Anyway, when do you move in to Huntington?