Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Crazy Uncle Danger


For those of you who have been sitting on pins and needles, I have good news. Last night at 8:27 my niece, Alyce Boyers, got "borned"

She was 19 inches long (Random historical fact: Babies are long, everyone else is tall. This is because in ancient Greece you were not allowed to beat a child for any reason unless he was three "feet" tall. [They actually used the foot of the father to measure this] However some larger children reached three feet before they could walk. The law then included the fact that you could not beat a child unless he "stood on his own two feet" unaided. Hence the differentiation between height and length in the measurement of a child.)*

-19 inches long and somewhere between two and twenty pounds. also for some reason babies are measured in pounds and ounces but people are measured in pounds and fractions of pounds. Well I weigh one hundred and eighty pounds and four ounces.

Anyway, mother and child are both doing very well and are happy to be united at last. Today I got to hold my only niece, and I was very excited. I thank everyone who has been praying for her. She's already bringing joy to out family.


*this historical fact was completely made up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just now came across this...it's sweet. --Kristin