Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Prologue to Essays on greatness 1

I have recently inherited a great fortune in the form of tickets to see the Ohio State Buckeyes.

I simply cannot tell you what this means to me.

Although it does put me in the moral dilemma of deciding who to take with me, if I take my girlfriend, who is beautiful and fun, but can not name a single person on the team, I have finally become "that guy" and I might as well just start learning all the words to high school musical and get used to holding Cortney's purse because I will be WHIPPED. Yet on the other hand, despite their prolific love for THE Ohio State Buckeyes, none of my Bergwallian friends have ever offered to do my laundry or baked me scrumptious goodies to date. And Josh White is going to the OSU Michigan game, so he recieves no sympathy for me for any reason for anything ever.

I shall have to cut the baby in half!*

Being inspired as I was by my recent good fortune I have decided to bless you all with my first Essay on Greatness: The Ohio State Buckeyes.

Now here is something you should know before we embark into this break-neck race to enlightenment. I have recently begun my coursework for a masters in student development and higher education. This means I am now fully ensconced in the ivory tower. Which means among other things, I'm going to be professional, accurate, meticulous, thorough, and overly verbose.

But anyway, seeing as I am currently learning the history of higher education in America, starting with colonial colleges, I thought I would begin my argument for greatness of THE Ohio State Buckeyes in a history lesson. Enjoy.

*(I'm not sure what I mean by this)

No comments: