Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Mummy III: The Curse of Brenden Fraiser

I've used up most of my scorn for movies in my scathing review of National Treasure. But if you could imagine for a minute all that scorn directed in another direction you would have my review of the Mummy.

Moving on:

I spent this week on a staff retreat with my fellow "student developers" from Huntington University. Oh yes that's right my friend. Staff. I have a staff parking sticker to prove it. But I experienced a lot of things that might make up the inspiration for the next several posts. So before I launch into them I will give a survey of the important events from the weekend.

1) The Vice president of Student Affairs said to me "you complete me." I think he was talking to me, but I was handing him a Nutter Butter at the time so he might have been talking to it. Dr. Coffie is crazy about those Nutter Butters

2) I played a game that will forever be remembered as "pimps and jokers" despite the fact that SOME claim that was not the original name.

3) I forgot to pack pants

4) I found out that the people who work at H.U. are FUNNY

5) I saw the aforementioned travashamockery of a movie.

6) The entire student development staff of a private Christian institution of higher learning was chastised by disgruntled go-kart carnies at "Great Times" in Indy.

7) Everyone ate too much food.

8) I almost saw a "mime-off" and it terrified me.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Steve- I was going to post a comment about how much I missed you here at "The Pointe". But after reading your latest post, I have to scream it! COME BACK!!! Your sense of humor is very much absent. Seriously, everyone from the lunch bunch to Kevin "Whoop" West misses you. I hope that HU knows they hired the "real" National Treasure. And now, I've hit my quota of quotes, so I'm done. Come visit or at least write.

Dr. Jones said...

I got duped into seeing The Mummy 3.0 as well. What I would give to have those ninety-six minutes back.