Monday, February 22, 2010

Full on apology

Last night I wrote a blog-post about meeting Shane Claiborne.

It was very rude. And I am just sick over it.

It was rude and defamatory and a sin against my brother in Christ. I am ashamed that I wrote slanderous things about anyone, but especially against someone who I have met, and who has done nothing wrong but try to live his life for Christ.

I was trying to be funny, and as usual I have stepped over the line and said hurtful things that I had no business saying.

Shane was very quiet during the car ride, but he was saving his energy because he had a lot of speaking engagements that week. Also, a neighbor of his was involved in a tragic accident and it was heavy on his mind.

Despite that, he was polite to me and at no point tried to shame anyone for anything. Shane is an unassuming guy who isn't trying to prove anything to anyone. He is just trying to live his life the best he knows how and is willing to share that with anyone who asks.

While he was doing that I began to cut him down behind his back to amuse people.

I am sorry for what I did, I will never do anything like it again, and I apologize to anyone who might have read this. (although, thankfully, my audience is still a small handful of family members and Jordan Beck.)

I also want everyone to know that I am trying to make amends with Shane personally. He left me the phone number to his office and I am trying to set up an appointment so I can talk to him over the phone. I am only writing this now because my transgression was public and affected all of my readers, so my confession and apology should also be available to the same people.

1 comment:

abbey_conn said...

hey!! i dont like that i haven't talked to you in so long. i forget what email you use now. also, i am cool and have a blog now too.. so you should read it!! love you big bro.