Friday, March 6, 2009

Wii spend

This post is really quite pointless but I wrote two today so if you don't feel like reading this (and I don't blame you) at least read the one underneath it before switching to your facebook.

When I spend money on non-necessities I try to hold this idea in my head
A good purchase yield one hour of enjoyment for every dollar spent.

So for example, buying a board game (Lost cities) that you will play over and over again is a good buy. Paying $10 to go to a 1.5 hour movie is a really bad idea.*


Ok so anyway I bought a Wii, and some games, and some controllers. It totals around $400. I was REALLY excited when I found out the wii keeps track of how much you play it. I have played mine for 116 hours, and I've realized something. Almost every game currently available for the wii is terrible. Once you've had your fun with Mario Kart you are left wondering what the kids with Xboxes are doing.

How am I going to entertain myself for another 300 hours? (especially since buying a new game puts me in another $50 hole?) I'm not sure. virtual console perhaps? Get super awesome at Wii tennis? I'm not sure. But before any of YOU rush out and buy a Wii...well, I hope you like Mario Kart a LOT.


*I understand that this system breaks down, there are exceptions, $100 for 2 minutes of skydiving= good buy, because of the memories, experience, etc...whatever don't knock the system

No comments: