Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Springs Again!

For those of you who have been living under a rock in a cave on Mars with your fingers in your ears I must inform you late in the game that I,the Chevalier Steven M. Danger C. Conn have been selected by nature to be "The Champion O' Spring." Several years ago I took it upon myself to perform the arduous task of announcing the first day of Spring and defending it until I finally concede to Old Man Winter sometime in late November.

There are some of you who might question this on the premise that the calendar already has a first day for spring, that nature doesn't need me to tell her how to do her job, that me claiming to be the Champion of Spring is like Justin Timberlake Single handedly taking it upon himself to bring sexy back.* Well if you are one of those people then you are a jerk and I hope that Spring turns on you and rains at the most unfortunate of times.

That being said, I declared the first day of Spring yesterday! So let it be known that yesterday, being the 15th day of the third month** on this, the two thousand and ninth year of our Lord marks the resurgence of spring! So Jack Frost and the White Witch can rot in Alaska until we need them again.

You're welcome

*I support the man in his work it can't come soon enough if you ask me.
** Otherwise known as the Idez of March

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE,

must confess i do not know wat a cheviler is, please enlighten those of us stumbling through the dark night of ignorance at your earliest convenience