Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Goals

I've heard it said that Abraham Lincoln was considered a deep thinker because he read so little. (That's because he thought about what he read though, not because he spent the rest of the time watching American Idol.) I've also heard it said that Phil Byers is considered a deep thinker because he reads all the time. Whatever. What I do know is that I'm drowning in books and one of my buddies said he was setting a goal of reading 20 books this year. Sounds good, so I'm in too.

You will notice on my list that I have read two children's novels. I'm counting them. Deal with it. No one wants to read my book reviews (apparently) but if you ever have a question about anything I've read I'm nerdy enough to answer you.

1 comment:

chris tierney said...

So this is really late because I'm catching up on your posts. But:

What did you think of Shadow of the Torturer / Claw of the Conciliator? Because I didn't really enjoy them until I read the whole series through twice. But I recognize that most people are not crazy/foolish enough to reread a series they weren't sure they liked the first time around.

Also, how was The Once And Future King? Because it's on my shelf but I haven't read it yet.

Glad you didn't die in a horrible car crash, by the way.