Thursday, July 3, 2008

Supply and Demand

So for those of you who don't know Dwight he is the very wise and lovable senior pastor at Newpointe. He is, ultimately, running this circus. Sometimes he's a circus because as an adult with a lot of knowledge in his head, a platform to speak from, and ADD, you can have some interesting conversations with Dwight.

Example:

Me "Hey Dwight, did you see the Indians last night?"

Dwight "What happens all too often is that we get scared right? And then we run from God. and where do we hide? In the what?....In the church, that's right. you guys alright?"

Me: "What?"

Well it goes on like that for 45 minutes and you realize that it doesn't matter if either one of you have ever seen the Indians in your life because no matter what you ask him about you're going to wind up being a one man audience for a pretty good sermon. And I'm ok with that.

But anyway yesterday I asked him SOMETHING and what I got back involved this little nugget. Despite being a verbose guy Dwight tries to keep the number of times he speaks limited. He doesn't ever speak in staff meeting and he tries to keep his mouth shut in small groups. And he said he tries to do this because he wants his words to remain valuable.

And I'm way guilty of this. My opinions are a dime a dozen because I'll tell anyone what they should be doing better at any time. And I always have a thought or a comment on everything. Well from now on I'm going to try to make my opinions a little less common because the inflation rate on them has been worse than the price of gas lately. I doubt I'll get any complaints.

No comments: