Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Honor God Today

So if you are anything like the typical young college student and/or the typical adult, and/or the typical adolescent and/or the typical child you are often times faced with difficult situations in which it is hard to know what is right. Since I believe most of my readers fall into at least one of these categories I think that this may be relavent to you.

I've heard so many people my age say they want to honor God, that they want to make the "right decisions" and that they don't know what to do because they don't know what God wants for their lives. Unfortunately I know this feeling all to well.

"God" we say, "I want to do your will, but I have no idea what it is!" Do I go to grad school or get a job? Do I join this ministry, make this move, take a job offer, start a relationship?

Well I have the answer to all your questions. But it would be too easy if I just told you, so have fun figuring it out yourself.

But here's the point. At my stage of life I feel like I'm faced with these sort of decisions about every six months. And every decision seems to have terribly far reaching implications, and they are overwhelming because they are too big for us. Well, the truth is that it is too big.

I can't predict the future, and I can't deal with the entire future all at once. It IS overwhelming. Only God is going to be able to handle the future. But if I take it one day at a time, I think I can handle that. Whenever faced with something difficult, and I'm paralyzed by fear, I'll stick with the one standby plan that always works. I'll ask "How can I honor God today?"

2 comments:

BT said...

Good point, Steve. Thanks for this.

BT said...

Also, could you give me something to go on?