Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Adventures of Bunny Deluxe (Part I)





Welcome to the adventures of Bunny Deluxe. We're about to take an action packed adventure through a three part series detailing the wild escapades of your friend and mine, the biggest blue bunny you have ever met...Bunny Deluxe.


B.D. appeared one Easter morning on my front lawn in an attempt to antagonize my father. Despite the friction it caused in my house Bunny and I quickly became fast friends, and all throughout my high school years we were inseparable.

Fast forward a few years and you find me (Steve) a young college freshman with a song in my heart and a pocket full of dreams. But I also had something else no one knew about. A trunk full of bunny. I resolved that all through college I would leave Bunny Deluxe in my car, in case I ever needed him. And boy did I ever.

It was common practice for B.D. To come to class on a test day and help raise morale, or just start a discussion. He appeared once in chapel during a worship conference to show students how to "fall on their faces" before God. He even came with me to Miracle Camp to party with Jeff Witzig at our midnight Luau


But my favorite time with Bunny Deluxe involves Spring Break of 06. Which we entitled "Spring Break 07." (I forgot what year it was while writing an E-mail...happens all the time) Anyway, B.D. came with us and visited over ten different states as we drove from Indiana to Kentucky, to The Grand Canyon, to Las Vegas, to Laguna Beach, to Denver Colorado, and back.


The Hoover Dam? West Coast? St. Louis Arch? Mt. Falcon? Been there, done that. B.D. is a world traveler who loves a good time. And he's always been there for me. So where is he now? Read on to find out. Bunny Deluxe's most recent exploits are going to be reveled later this week in another post.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

ok this post got a "laugh out loud" chuckle from me! Can't wait to see where Bunny Deluxe shows up. Oh and by the way I really liked what your previous post said about living each day in a way that honors God..good reminder.

Kristen said...

i'm not impressed... you should have taken him to ireland... THAT would have been impressive!


;) i kid!