Sunday, April 13, 2008

A long night in Student Ministry

Ok now I'm basically a youth pastor.

"Why?"

Because in one night I went from a 5-8 grade bowling event to a highschool lock in. Too much Mountain Dew and pizza were involved in both instances. Between the two events combined I was on the Student Ministries clock from 7:00 PM -9:00 AM.

I'll tell you more about the bowling night when I get pictures, there's enough to say about the lock-in. We called it "The Gauntlet" Matt was running the event and it went really well. Right up until the time that I was almost permanently debilitated by a water balloon launcher.

We were playing what must be the new coolest game in the world. "Liquid Twilight Remix." Which basically meant kids launching waterballoons at moving targets (me, a man on a bike, and Dave D'Angelo driving a mini-van that has seen better days). I was hit only once, but in such instances, the quality of a hit can be more destructive than any quantity of hits. I'll spare the details but lets just say that as I lay in the parking lot curled up in the fetal position I received a lot more sympathy from the male participants than the female ones. I walked funny for the rest of the night.

Also Chaz Colucy filled up a garbage bag with water and swung it at me.

Lessons learned from the all nighter.

12 hours is too long
kids don't even WANT breakfast after something like that
Certain youths should not have energy drinks
Rock-band is awesome
Water balloon launchers are more powerful than I was lead to believe

1 comment:

Faye Ellen said...

Dude, glad to see you getting around the office without flinching at quick moving objects. Great scott - do you want a family some day? Didn't your dad have a talk with you about wearing safety guards? lol