Sunday, June 27, 2010

A New Home

Greetings again from the Great Nation of Texas! I want you all to know that if the sun goes out in the next few years, don't worry, Texas is hot enough to heat all of your homes for the next decade until we get the situation figured out.

Many of you have been asking, "Steve, you seem to really be taking to Texas. How does that coincide with your love for Ohio? Do you think that you will love Texas more than Ohio? Will you become a Longhorns fan or root for Texas A&M? Will you forget how to read if you move to the "south?" Are you getting enough liquids?"

All these are good questions. And I must admit, I do like it down here. I think that the Nation of Texas has wooed me like so few other semi-independent city states could. I mean, don't you think I would fall in love with a state whose state food was Chili?*

Also The Constitution of 1845, which was the resolution that allowed Texas into the Union, stated that Texas had the right to divide into 4 states in addition to the original Texas. That legal right still remains true.** If you have been paying any attention to the reorganization of college football these past few weeks you would realize that Texas might actually take advantage of this state right so it can be represented 5 times in the "big" 12. Or as it will then be known the "Texas Twelve"

But even though I am really beginning to love this quasi-Mexican playground for guns and pick-up trucks I cannot ever give up my love for the one and only. Ohio will always remain number one in my heart. It will also always remain number two in my heart, just so Texas doesn't get cocky. The general area that is called the Midwest comes in at a close 3rd because it contains the birthplaces of Cortney, both my sisters, both my parents, as well Taylor University, and of course, most importantly Ohio.

As you can see below, I have recolored this collection of states to more clearly represent how I now understand America.
(click to enlarge, seriously)



As you can see I am most concerned with Ohio and Texas (as should you be) and the other 46 states*** I consider "other" because all though I am sure they are all great, in their own way, well...you know how I feel.

Texas Fact: Texas is home to more presidents named George Bush than any other State (Two).

Ohio "Fact": Ohio invented Democracy, electricity, chocolate, paid vacations, seafaring, animal husbandry, the civil rights act of 1957, and shamwow

If you are new to my blog and would like to know more about my thoughts on Ohio, just click the "ohio" tag on the bottom of this post.

*I am not making this up
**I'm not making this up either
***You heard me

4 comments:

Dr. Danger said...

laugh out loud funny!! thanks Steve

Unknown said...

Being in Florida at the moment makes me appreciate even more that Florida is not on the map. Can we give this swamp back to the Spanish yet?

Anonymous said...

Ohio is a breeding ground for Greatness.

Dr. Danger said...

for the reason (subliminal or not) that florida is not on the map...please reference one of Danger's earlier posts regarding Ohio, Florida and the state north of Ohio..it is a Danger Zone classic!!

Steve perhaps it would be a service to your followers to post this one again