Thursday, June 25, 2009

An Engaging Story

Hello Blogaholics

You may have noticed that I've been away for a while. Well believe it or not I've been a bit busy. "With what?" you might ask. Well I'd be delighted to tell you. It SEEMS that despite all odds I have finally convinced a beautiful woman to marry me.

Yes it's true. I didn't want anyone to find out over the Internet but since writing on my blog is like shouting in outer space I figured that I couldn't do much damage.

But anyway yes. On June 19th I asked Cortney Michelle Korshak if she would be my wife and after she finished crying she said "yes." She even agreed to it before she stopped and looked at the ring. That's how you know she means it.

I would like to say "Thank You" to everyone who knew ahead of time** and helped to keep it a secret. And I would also like to say thank you to our friends who drove to Fort Wayne to celebrate with us.

Cortney and I have both been blessed with amazing friends and the love that her and I share is only possible because of the love that has been lavished on us by God, our families, and our friends. When congratulated by my life-long room-mate and friend, Jordan Beck, I said "I couldn't have done it without you." And as cheesy as that sounds (and is) I do believe that it's true. Cortney and I were helped along the way by many, and we hope that never changes.

I've spent the last few days feeling mighty pleased with myself, since I've now got a fiancee who is: committed to God, committed to the idea of marriage, a good friend, a fun companion, my biggest fan, a leader by example, a teacher, loving and kind, and a smoking hottie.

I would have had pictures, but the afore mentioned fiancee often forgets to upload pictures to computers before going back to Chicago. Maybe after she reads this blog post she will e-mail me a few.

And now I'm done bragging. Although I am still very smug and pleased with myself, I will tomorrow return you to your regularly scheduled blog.


*For all the world to hear, if anyone is there.
** Almost everyone I knew

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw the title of this post in my Google Reader and I assumed you had been drafted to be "en" a gang. I then realized I was wrong and things were even more exciting when I realized I was reading a message from "Future Danger" telling us in past tense how things went in a month when you eventually get around to asking Cortney to marry you on July 19. Good luck with that. I hope it goes exactly as you described.

Also, I commend you on your ability to never make typos.

Congrats... ;-)
Love, Goller

Unknown said...

wohooo!