Thursday, June 4, 2009

Twitter

Recently some of my aquaintences have encouraged me to get Twitter because it's "cool." For those of you who do not know what Twitter is please let me fill you in on something you can NOT miss out on for even one more second.

Twitter is to blog as text message is to E-mail.

That's right. Instead of writing anything of substantive thought one simply "tweets" sentence fragments to a website throughout the day so that people can check in on the minute details of your life without actually having to talk to you. FINALLY! Science a created something that has captured the best part of human relationships! I can now hear about the most boring and irrelevent details of a person's day without the cost of personal interaction!*

Or, if you are obsessed with some one like Ryan Seacrest you can find out what he's doing multiple times every day!**

But. I DESPERATELY need people to think that I'm cool so I decided to tweet my day away. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford a twitter*** so I had to "tweet" all my thoughts here at the dangerzone. I've been writing them down all day and now I'll share them with all of you. Please enjoy all the really important stuff I had to say all day.

10:23 AM: whoa, slept in 2day. good thing i don't have a job

11:02 I luv dino bites cereal. u think i can make $$$ marketing "lunch cereal," or "diner cereal." different flavors uv course, and professional boxes, so u could take it to work.

11:12 Shoot, I just missed 11:11

11:50 playing Halo n00bs!

2:14 Wonder's what it all means...?

4:29 OMG reading so much today. I think i need more friends

6:15 ate so many M&M's today. But I also 8 pb and j for dinner. So good. How about pb and J dinner cereal?

8:14 Luv U Cort!

9:51 "I'm just a notch in your bedpost, but you're just a line in a song" ~ Fall Out Boy


11:13 DANG IT! Missed 11:11 again. Oh well. does anyone out there wanna hang out? Call me if you do.

11:14 Better yet don't call, just post on my facebook wall. It apears I've developed a social anxiety disorder.

11:36 wrote a blog post and was terribly pleased with myself.




*Now I'm just waiting for something pees on your floor and smells bad but wont play with you or guard the house. Then I'll never have to get a dog.

**This is not a joke. The link is real, click on it. Ryan Seacrest had a salmon salad tonight.

***It's free...I know that. It's a joke

1 comment:

AJ in Nashville said...

Dood. You'd never make it as a Twittererer. That '11:02' post was like, 39 characters over the limit.

Must. learn. brevity.

;)

Stevie, Stevie, Stevie. Must you parrot every other Twitter-derider in history with such a baby-out-with-the-bathwater dismissal?

Twitter is indeed a great and fabulous thing, BUUUUT you need to know how to use it. And anyone who knows how to use it also knows that it ain't about keeping track of Ryan Suck-crest's diet.

It can be an extremely effective way to stay in touch with people who you DO care about, but who may be a lil' busy.

It most certainly DOES NOT replace genuine human interaction, but it ain't altogether too bad a substitute for crickets, which is what most of us provide friends that we don't see on a regular basis.

Choo dig?

As the guy on the old Alka-Seltzer commercial used to say, "Try it, you'll like it."

oh wait, you're too young to remember TeeVee ads from 1970. Anyway, I really think you should sign up and just observe for awhile before you draw your hard conclusions...

:)

If you want to follow me, mw account name is ajinnashville.