Sunday, November 16, 2008

He is Enough

I stood by the ocean with a cup; afraid there's not enough water.
I have had 22 frantic years; afraid there's not enough time.
I built a house on a mountain top; afraid there's not enough space.
I brought a coat to the desert; I am afraid there's not enough heat.
He said He would love me...and I ask if it's enough

I build walls around myself, but there's not enough security
I accomplish my goals, but there's not enough satisfaction
I please other people, but there's not enough acceptance
I am ruler of my life, but there's not enough significance
He said He would love me...and I ask if it's enough

I've confessed all my sins but I'm afraid there's not enough grace.
I've exposed all my faults and I'm afraid there's not enough love
I said I'd follow the path, but I'm afraid there's not enough light
I said I'd give Him my all, but I'm afraid it's not enough gift
He said He would love me...and I ask if it's enough


I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for
him." Lamentations 3:24.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome !!

Lil Conn said...

wow, i'm so glad you posted that. it will be on my wall.