Thursday, October 23, 2008

Under Pressure

Please listen to the Queen song "Under pressure" whilst reading this entry. It's a good song, and yes, it does have the same beat as Ice ice baby, but "Vanilla" claims that he didn't rip it off. He maintains that there is subtle difference. I don't hear it.

But anyway, I write now to reflect on my lack of reflection. I'm so busy right now that it seems that I haven't had time to write on my blog (and unfortunately this might become an increasingly common trend for the duration of this semester).

But when I do get a few minutes I sit down and try to think of something meaningful or humorous to report I draw a blank. I think that I'm not actually too busy to spend 20 minutes writing, but I AM making myself too busy to process what's happening in my life in a meaningful way. I feel that because of the amount of reading, learning, working, and questioning that a student activities coordinator/ full time grad-student does, I am nothing more than a battle ground on which ideas contend. I would much rather be a soil for ideas to grow.

Some guy smarter and more respected than I once said "Abraham Lincoln was an extremely deep man because he read so little." Meaning that Abe didn't have many ideas taking up space in his head. He spent a lot of time internalizing and exploring a few concepts that were important to him.

If I want to be like that maybe I should get into this whole "Sabbath" thing. I heard that God recommends it.

No comments: