Saturday, May 29, 2010

First Impressions

Hello everyone. I am blogging to "y'all" all the way from the great nation of Texas.

Cortney and I are at LeTourneau University attempting to fool the administration into hiring me. Using words like "learning outcomes," "strategic," and "collaboration," I have assumed the persona of "professional Steve" and no one will ever be the wiser.

Cortney and I were also able to catch up on the last two episodes of LOST, but since a speaker at my hooding gave away a major plot point I found myself slightly underwhelmed. I guess I don't know how I would have ended a seven year series any better than they did, but I kinda assumed that the growing mysteries of the island would be addressed in some satisfactory manner. As much as I loved LOST, I've realized you just have to be satisfied with this explanation: "Whelp, that was one crazy island, guess we'll never know."

But anyway, we are at LeTourneau, we got a gift basket, the Dean of Students picked me up at the airport, and everyone remembers Josh Wymore. The majority of people are really nice and they are treating Cortney like a high maintenance celebrity (chauffeuring her around, getting her food whenever she wants, making phone calls for her and trying to get her a job at a local high-school)

Today we are going to look at apartments because everyone is acting like we are definitely going to be here next year. Of course, I am assuming this is exactly how they treated the last guy they interviewed too. Needless to say, this is the most important I have ever felt before. If I get hired I expect this type of treatment to continue every day for as long as I am here.

I could have good thing going for me here at LETU so please, don't anyone tell them that I am just a kid.

1 comment:

Rachel Ballou said...

Well, apparently you made a pretty good impression on Corey and everyone here at LETU. :-) I just got an email from Patty Swanson informing the NSO staff that administration hired you for this fall. I'll be working under you as part of your themelios staff for the first couple of weeks, and I'm looking forward to meeting you. Yes. They will treat you like that everyday..... well.... except for the chauffeuring and stuff. But, I've been an RA for the past couple of years and I know they are some of the best people to work with.