Monday, April 5, 2010

Tonight's Ramblings

I'm sitting here watching the NCAA finals and realizing that I don't like basketball as much as the rest of the people in the room. But we all agree that that white dude should shave his crappy little mustache.

Some conclusions I've reached this weekend.

I like "courier" font because it looks like a typewriter
I like McCafe Mocha frappichinos and you should too
I wish APA sixth edition was a person so i could punch him in the mouth
I like shag carpet better than "burbor"
Pirates get a worse wrap than they deserve (I read a book)

I had a lot of deeper thoughts last week but I was working really hard on my thesis and I kind of forgot most of them. But I wrote a few down so don't you fret.

Remember, if you aren't actually watching the game do what I usually do and look up the score Tuesday morning so you can talk about it with such phrases that make you sound like you know what's going on like

"Oh yeah I know"
"Could you believe that"
"That was such a close one"
"That reminds me of an unrelated sporting anecdote that I DO know about and makes me look like a competent contributer to this conversation."

2 comments:

abbey_conn said...

i have only had terrible experiences with McCafe and I think that they should stop posing as coffee people and just stick to cheeseburgers. however i have not tried a frap but I really don't want to. must i?

Bethany Joy said...

Hi Steve Conn. This is Beth B, one of your loyal followers. On behalf of the other 8 followers, (including your sis) I would like to say thank you for articulating your thoughts so well on sports conversation. It's something I have always thought, but you just said it for me.

You're a funny guy, Conn. And I just read your post on girls hair... it's so true. I'm thinking you need to write a book.