Friday, March 12, 2010

No more Shame about Shane

So, breaking up-date.

Shane Claiborne called me the other day. It was right before an interview at NASPA. If I had been in the waiting room at a Christian school when Shane called me on my cell phone it would have been an instant hire. But alas, I'm not sure if the people from University of Wisconson O Claeir really know who Shane is.

But whatever. Shane was pretty cool and he didn't make me eat too much crow. He said he admired my humilty and my ability to apologize and that I tried to get a hold of him in person. Then he prayed for me and told me to stop losing sleep over it. So that was pretty cool. Thanks Shane!

The other thing of note is that Shane read my apology blog. This means that Shane has read my blog not once...but TWICE. And who knows he might read this one too. So I would say that borders on celebrity endorsement. You want to now what Shane Claiborne is reading? He's reading the Danger Zone.*

Anyway, thanks all you faithful blog readers for sticking with me through the Danger Zone's most trying times.

Get ready for our Big Nevin Street Coffee extravaganza!

*That's probably not true anymore, but you can't prove it.

1 comment:

Dr. Danger said...

glad the shane thing went well, as for the nevin street coffee extravaganza i think it should include a free "cuppa" (borrowed from Abigail's new lingo) for anyone who has already ordered from them because of their ad on your blogsite