Sunday, March 7, 2010

Meat Market Recap

For those of you who were dying to know, the final assessment of the Chicago Placement Exchange was that it was a total success. Minus the Valparaiso problem with a man whose real name I will not use due to the Shane incident.

But the deal is, I'm not aggressively seeking jobs in the wide world of higher education. Although I will accept ANY offer within the greater La Porte IN area.

I got some unexpected leads though. Michigan State and Baylor both pulled my resume out of the "Big ol' Resume Binder" and we had a good old time together. Michigan State wants to talk to me again because apparently they really like me. But It's probably only a matter of time until they find out that I'm an absolute poser and that they would be putting me in charge of a residence hall that is bigger than the entire college I went to as an undergraduate. (jokes?)

But anyway, I got a lot of practice interviewing. Now I feel like the Ging of the world!*

Since I wasn't really trying to interview at very many places (one) and I accidentally wound up having six interviews...I would call it a good day. Plus I got to hang out at the Downey Mansion where they force fed me buffalo wings. That's not a bad weekend at all.

Currently I must now go back to writing my thesis, which is all I will ever do now from today until the day I die.

*No that was not a typo. If you expected me to say "king of the world" you obviously don't know how cool Eric Gingerich is.

1 comment:

abbey_conn said...

i'm glad you're back to blogging. because i miss you. email me sometime if you have a sec. love you lots, big bro.